Priory Preparatory School was established in 1921 in Sydenham, Kent, by Charles Poole on the site of an Old Priory, hence the name. In 1936 the school came to Banstead into its elegant country mansion where it is today. The Red House as it was formerly known was built in 1885 and was surrounded by fields and open countryside. The school survived the Second World War despite being hit by an incendiary bomb in 1940 and having only 18 boys on roll in 1944. Since those lean times the school has grown in size, campus and reputation.
Priory Preparatory School has only had five Headmasters in its history; pictures of four of the five are above, only the founder Charles S. Poole is missing. The School has always had excellent results and has served the top schools in the area and some beyond for many decades.